Every VAT Dealer has to file monthly VAT return in form VAT 200 on or before 20th date of succeeding month. In the case of a TOT dealer, quarterly return has to be filed within 30 days in form TOT 007.
The returns are to be filed by logging in to the portal www.tgct.gov.in
The following information has to be provided in the monthly return:
- The value of purchases on which no VAT was charged
- Exempt purchases
- The part of the value on which input tax cannot be claimed.
- Imports from outside the territory of India
- Purchases from outside the State. Include Receipts from Branches / HO which are situated outside the State.
- Purchases from a person not registered for VAT or where you do not possess an original VAT tax invoice.
- Enter the value of exempt sales of goods
- Enter the value of other Zero rate sales i.e. interstate sales
- Enter the value of sales made at 5%
- Enter the value of sales made at 14.5%
The dealer has to then pay the tax due either through RTGS / NEFT challan or online net banking facility.
Penalties for late Returns
(1) Any VAT dealer, who fails to file a return where no tax is due, by the end of the month in which it was due, shall be liable to pay a penalty of Rs.2,500/-.
(2) Any dealer registered under sub-section (7) of Section 17 who fails to file a return where no tax is due shall be liable to pay a penalty of Rs.500/-.
Revised VAT Return
A VAT Dealer is given an opportunity to submit a revised return for any month to correct the error, provided the rectification is done with in 6 months from the end of the month for which the rectification is done.
Every CST registered Dealer has to file monthly CST return in form CST VI on or before 20th date of succeeding month. The returns are to be filed by logging in to the portal https://www.tgct.gov.in/. The dealer has to then pay the tax due either through RTGS / NEFT challan or online net banking facility.
RMC provides services in preparing and filing the monthly VAT / CST, quarterly TOT returns with the commercial tax department, preparation of the challans, making requests and obtaining the statutory forms like Waybills, C Form, H Form, F Form, I Form, E1 and E2 Forms.